The primary purpose of BECC is to support border communities to identify, develop and achieve BECC certification and NADB funding for environmental infrastructure projects that improve human health, promote sustainable development, and contribute and enhance the quality of life in the border region.
BECC and NADB assist local,state, federal and private entities in evaluating, developing, implementing, overseeing and measuring the results of environmental infrastructure projects. While BECC focuses on the technical and environmental feasibility of projects, NADB evaluates their financial feasibility.
- Certify the technical feasibility and environmental - health impacts of project
- Ensure transparency and promote community-based support for project
- Provide technical assistance for project development
- Provide financing for project implementation
- Offer guidance on financial issues
- Provide technical assistance for project development & institutional strengthening